- Its back-end code is in a language I’m more familiar with, i.e. Java.
- It uses a proper dependency injection, i.e. Spring.
- It uses a modern front-end framework, i.e. React.
- The same templates are used in server and client side code, i.e. it is isomorphic.
- It isn’t ugly, at least using some LESS styles and Bootstrap.
- It has basic wiring for database access.
- It can run in Docker.
If you think you can use this starter app, please feel free to clone/download the code from https://github.com/n0rm1e/spring-react-starter-app/. Please feel free to give feedback and/or contribute back. Its front-end code is based on Facebook’s comment box tutorial, you may already be familiar with. Credits to Benjamin for the idea and starting point.